
Yesterday was very lame. I decided to make a peach cream pie (one of Nigella's of course) but I forgot to add in the beaten egg to the filling so the pie came out of the oven too watery. Then, I was wondering why the crust tasted so grainy and wheaty and then I looked at my pastry flour bag and discovered that it was whole grain pastry flour. No wonder the dough was a doll to work with. Blech.
So today it was apple crisp and I had been craving it for some time now. I got the recipe from About.com Southern Food section since I was too lazy to go through my books. It turned out quite well and now I'm going to eat it with some vanila ice cream. :P
Get your Apple Crisp!
P.S. Lovely new cooking forum has opened up at Violets :)
2 comments:
Hi Carolyn! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier in the week! I had a disaster with making an Apple Crisp - my husband is American and thought he could convert US butter measurements into UK. Unfortunately we ended up with a puddle of butter on top of the apples! Pretty gross! Still, we all learn from these little mistakes!
Freya x
Hi! I just found this recipe through a Google search, and the smell of apple crisp is wafting over to me as we speak. Can't wait to taste it, and to see what other goodies you have posted! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment