I keep an rss feed of Epicurious.com on my google homepage and this popped up yesterday as one of their latest recipes... Turkey Cream Puff Pie. I was instantly intrigued and went to take a look. Sure enough, the picture shown looked delicious and visitor comments were positive so I decided that I would give it a trial for Monday's night dinner. Pate a choux has to be one of the easiest doughs to make as all you have to do is cook the flour and butter together on the stove, mix in the eggs one at a time and you're done (well you have to bake it afterwards of course). The fluffy, cheesy golden pastry is well worth whatever minimum effort you have to expend into making the pate a choux so don't be afraid. It was excellent with the meat mixture, although I used chicken instead of turkey... can you believe I haven't any turkey leftovers this Thanksgiving!? Its a true pig pen here and the only non-pig being my cat (who hardly eats much of anything... except for tuna).I won't post the recipe here as it readily available in its full glory at Epicurious.com. I will say that I didn't add the tomato as some of the visitors had suggested... it did seem a little out of place. Another thing would be that I would try and make the meat mixture a little more creamier next time... perhaps adding a dash of cream or the sort to make up for the time it has to be in the oven.
No comments:
Post a Comment